[Standards] OMEMO and Olm

Sam Whited sam at samwhited.com
Sat May 27 15:46:17 UTC 2017

On Fri, May 26, 2017 at 7:27 PM, Remko Tronçon <remko at el-tramo.be> wrote:
> - We change the XEP to use XEdDsa, and someone gets an implementation into
> an (peer reviewed and preferably established) crypto library, *independent*
> of libolm.

In its most basic form XEdDSA just requires being able to convert keys
from a coordinate on a montgomery curve to a point on an edwards
curve; this operation isn't unique to XEdDSA and might already be
implemented in your ed25519 library of choice, and if so you don't
really need anything extra to have XEdDSA support since valid XEdDSA
signatures are also valid EdDSA signatures, as far as I understand.

Here's the start of a submission to the Go crypto libraries (review
pending discussion of the proposal):
https://go-review.googlesource.com/c/44334/

Aside from it being a bit hard to debug due to a lack of test vectors
and a few scalar operations that weren't implemented in the Go library
it ended up being relatively trivial (although we'll see what happens
when it's reviewed).

—Sam