[Standards] OMEMO Key Agreement

Ignat Gavrilov ignat.gavrilov at mailfence.com
Tue May 30 20:53:45 UTC 2017

Remko,

can you please describe the concrete benefits of your approach?
The only difference I can spot is that it's more implementation work for those that use libsignal (which at this point in time seems to be all implementations) and less for libsodium (which happens to not implement many other parts of the protocol as well and thus require a lot of work nonetheless).

I wouldn't use neither so I don't care about that part ;)
Is there any difference from a crypto perspective that I missed? As far as I can tell, this is only a constant factor for any attack I can imagine, if at all.

Ignat