[Standards] OMEMO Key Agreement

Remko Tronçon remko at el-tramo.be
Wed May 31 14:38:28 UTC 2017

Hi Sam,

On 31 May 2017 at 16:24, Sam Whited <sam at samwhited.com> wrote:

> FWIW, this all sounds reasonable to me, but it still sounds like
> trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist.

The problem still very much exists, but I'd rather not derail this thread
again.
At least for my part, the concerns haven't been addressed in the other
thread.

If we ask existing implementations to change, all
> we're going to achieve is a fragmented ecosystem where half the OMEMO
> enabled clients don't work with the other half.

Current implementations (using the Axolotl protocol) will break anyway,
because
the ODR proposal changes amongst others the info strings. This would add
2 more things to these changes.

Remko