[Standards] [Council] Council Minutes 20150531

Kevin Smith kevin.smith at isode.com
Wed May 31 16:30:53 UTC 2017

On 31 May 2017, at 17:21, Dave Cridland <dave at cridland.net> wrote:
> 3) ODR / OMEMO https://trello.com/c/pxYjqmnR/182-odr-omemo
>
> Tobias asked whether the Council should accept ODR, or wait for the
> OMEMO discussion to come to some conclusion, based on an agenda item
> by Sam. Daniel said the ODR PR is not ready yet, and Dave suggested it
> wasn't really a thing we could vote on.
>
> Kev noted from the floor that Council's options are to change authors
> or kill the XEP.

For fear that this could be misinterpreted - my note was (intended to be) that Council don’t block publication of updates (to Experimental XEPs) and *if they were unhappy with the direction* the options were to change authors or kill the XEP. Doing nothing because they’re happy is also obviously an option.

/K