[Standards] OMEMO Key Agreement

Germán Márquez Mejía marquez.mejia at fu-berlin.de
Wed May 31 19:23:41 UTC 2017

Am Mittwoch, den 31.05.2017, 20:35 +0200 schrieb Remko Tronçon:
> To be honest, I still think it'd be suboptimal.
It may be suboptimal for you in your unpublished implementation, but
the alternative would be more than suboptimal for all the already
deployed implementations.

> It would make the XEP still dependent on a single (liberal) reference
> implementation, in a single language.
In successful cases like X3DH/DR it is usually not a "single"
implementation but the first one of more to come. It also isn't a
"reference" implementation. XEdDSA has a spec in the public domain.

> I'd much rather depend on standards that are widely accepted and
> available,
That's the thing with innovation. You just can't stay forever on DES ;)

> to give OMEMO the broadest chance of implementation and deployment.
It's not like we have to give OMEMO a chance. It is looking pretty good
already.