[Standards] LAST CALL: XEP-0313 (Message Archive Management)

Ruslan N. Marchenko me at ruff.mobi
Sun Nov 5 18:21:51 UTC 2017

Hi,

On 16.10.2017 20:38, Jonas Wielicki (XSF Editor) wrote:
> This message constitutes notice of a Last Call for comments on
> XEP-0313.
>
> Abstract:
> This document defines a protocol to query and control an archive of
> messages stored on a server.
>
> This Last Call begins today and shall end at the close of business on
> 2017-10-30.
>
> Please consider the following questions during this Last Call and send
> your feedback to the standards at xmpp.org discussion list:
>
> 1. Is this specification needed to fill gaps in the XMPP protocol
> stack or to clarify an existing protocol?
Yes
> 2. Does the specification solve the problem stated in the introduction
> and requirements?
Yes
> 3. Do you plan to implement this specification in your code? If not,
> why not?
Yes
No
The first thing I stumbled upon while starting drafting implementation
is - empty result.
Or perhaps even <item-not-found/>?

Also agree with pubsub - kind of gray area, pusub has its own semantic
for synchronisation, with nature of pubsub being different from
trackable archivable content.
Not a problem to archive headline messages as any other message type
treating them all alike, but applying different logic for different
services (subservice) is an overkill imo.

Regards,
Ruslan