[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: Styling

Daniel Gultsch daniel at gultsch.de
Mon Nov 6 21:14:21 UTC 2017

>> > Are you suggesting to do heuristic to detect if if a text use a markup or
>> > not?
>> No I'm implying that the current syntax already has very few false
>> positives and we might be able to bring down the rate of false
>> positives even more by changing the syntax slightly. But for that to
>> work I need an example of a false positive.
>
> "Wow, I can write in `monospace`, even a literal ``backtick
> (`)``!"

I'm not really sure how you want this to be rendered or what this
actually means but if you send me the text in between the " it will
render like this: https://gultsch.de/files/monospace.png which seems
fine?!

But I meant more like provide an example of (valid) code you would
actually paste in real life not some constructed example to 'break'
the parser.

cheers
Daniel