[Standards] Proposed XMPP Extension: Message Markup

Goffi goffi at goffi.org
Tue Nov 7 20:48:39 UTC 2017

Le mardi 7 novembre 2017, 21:34:04 CET Jonas Wielicki a écrit :

> Title: Message Markup
> Abstract:
> This specification provides an alternative to XHTML-IM with rigid
> separation of content and markup information, improving the resilience
> against spoofing and injection attacks.

> The Council will decide in the next two weeks whether to accept this
> proposal as an official XEP.

Fantastic, I really love this one, this by far the best proposal we had,
thanks for that!

I think it solves all my concerns, it's clean separation, extensible, easy to
implement, not polluting the <body>, and standardized.

I'm all in favor of deprecating XHTML-IM is this one is accepted.

Great work and thanks a lot !

Goffi

P.-S.: it was really worthing having those debates, at the end this look like
perfect technical solution