[Standards] LAST CALL: XEP-0387 (XMPP Compliance Suites 2017)

Diane Trout diane at ghic.org
Fri Nov 10 01:00:06 UTC 2017

> I'd rather focus on getting a successor, possibly xep0255, out of the
> door. And if we see that major components (spectrum2 comes to my
> mind)
> and servers support the successor, we could consider removing xep0114
> from the compliance suite. But not before that has happened.

This seems like a reasonable position, other than I think it's XEP-
0225.

For what its worth I was trying to write a gateway using the component
protocol.

Also a better justification for the component protocol is that it
allows people to develop reasonably portable new features like xep 363.
https://github.com/siacs/HttpUploadComponent

Diane