[Standards] Problems with IM Message Routing: Message Types

Georg Lukas georg at op-co.de
Sat Nov 11 10:44:21 UTC 2017

* Daniel Gultsch <daniel at gultsch.de> [2017-11-10 21:15]:
> I think there is even a XEP recommending sending to full jids.

Do you mean resource locking? As Kev said, we should probably get rid of
it for messages but possibly keep it for IQs.

> > https://wiki.xmpp.org/web/XMPP_2.0)
> I always advocate simple solutions. (See my <transient/> proposal.)
> and this proposal is - in some ways - even simpler.
>
> I'm really not sure how the transition to 'XMPP 2.0' would look like thought.

This needs some more discussion indeed. The wiki page outlines a
kind-of-strawman proposal for a migration path, where message hints are
added/processed on the servers at the border of "XMPP 2.0" domains.

Georg