[Standards] LAST CALL: XEP-0387 (XMPP Compliance Suites 2017)

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Tue Nov 14 18:06:43 UTC 2017

On 14 November 2017 at 17:57, Sam Whited <sam at samwhited.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 14, 2017, at 11:18, Diane Trout wrote:
>> XEP-0114 could reasonably be considered an advanced feature, so maybe
>> it doesn't need to be a requirement for the "core server".
>
> That sounds reasonable to me and I'm inclined to go make the change.
> Dave, Arc?

I feel that's a compromise without virtue.

But it's also a compromise without effect - every existing
implementation fo S2S I can find, excepting Microsoft Lync, supports
XEP-0114 "accept" components.

So arguing over whether it's a Core, Advanced, or neither feature
seems a bit pointless - except that it means XEP-0387 may reflect
neither the current reality nor any particular desirable future.

Dave.