[Standards] LAST CALL: XEP-0313 (Message Archive Management)

Florian Schmaus flo at geekplace.eu
Wed Nov 15 12:27:31 UTC 2017

On 14.11.2017 16:38, Kim Alvefur wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 16, 2017 at 06:38:45PM -0000, Jonas Wielicki wrote:
>> This message constitutes notice of a Last Call for comments on
>> XEP-0313.
>> 5. Is the specification accurate and clearly written?
>
> I also think that the way preferences are returned seems inconsistent
> with the rest of XMPP.

While I think I know what you mean - since Smack's MAM integration tests
also triggered Prosody #995 [1] - I believe you should elaborate a
little bit more on that: What it currently specified? Why it is
inconsistent? And possibly provide a suggestion what should be specified
instead.

Note that the XEP also provides a rationale why not empty result IQ is
returned.

- Florian

1: https://prosody.im/issues/995