[Standards] 2017-11-15 XSF Council Minutes
lists at opkode.com
Wed Nov 15 17:01:11 UTC 2017
2017-11-15 XSF Council Minutes
Chat Logs: http://logs.xmpp.org/council/2017-11-15
* Tobias Markmann (Tobias)
* Sam Whited (SamWhited)
* Dave Cridland (dwd)
* Daniel Gultsch (daniel)
* Emmanuel Gil Peyrot (Link Mauve)
* JC Brand (jcbrand)
1. Accept the two ProtoXEP that have passed their acceptance time (Jingle Encrypted Transports + pubsub#multi-items )
Remaining votes count as non-vetos.
Tobias moves the Trello tasks to the editors column so that they can progress from ProtoXEP to experimental.
2. XEP-0387 Compliance suite and XEP-0313 MAM Last Calls end today
XEP-0313 MAM has some changes pending. It will then go through another Last Call.
Link Mauve proposes moving it to experimental until the requested changes are made, after which it can be moved to Last Call again.
3. Vote on moving XEP-0387 (XMPP Compliance Suites 2017) to Draft
Tobias will vote on the email list
Link Mauve: +1
4. Vote on moving XEP-0313 (Message Archive Management) to Draft
Tobias says this is just for completeness
Link Mauve: -1, since changes are on the way.
dwd: -1, since change are on the way.
SamWhited would like to have XEP-136 Message Archiving deprecated.
Link Mauve says he'll bring it up under "Any other business"
5. AOB: Vote to deprecate XEP-0136
Link Mauve: +1
Kevin Smith suggests making an informational XEP that overviews issues we're
trying to solve under the "xmpp 2" idea.
The next meeting will be on the 22th of November at 16:00 UTC
More information about the Standards