[Standards] XEP-0136: Message Archiving moved to Deprecated

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Thu Nov 16 08:11:24 UTC 2017

On 16 Nov 2017 7:43 am, "Kozlov Konstantin" <yagiza at yandex.ru> wrote:

Too bad...
XEP-0313 is still experimental and XEP-0136 is deprecated already.

No, it's a good thing. While MAM isn't quite Draft yet, the council was
confident it will be very soon, and is clearly what we want new
implementations to be doing.

Deprecated didn't mean that people must not implement, and certainly not
that they must remove existing code - it means that we don't think a new
client or server should go that route today.