[Standards] XEP-0333: Chat Markers overhaul

Daniel Gultsch daniel at gultsch.de
Thu Nov 16 19:39:31 UTC 2017

> On 16 November 2017 at 19:22, Daniel Gultsch <daniel at gultsch.de> wrote:
>> * Add a sender attribute to <displayed/> and <acknowledged/> that MUST
>> contain the full JID of the person who requested the marker in group
>> chats.

Assuming that stanza ids are unique per person (client) but not
necessarily globally unique I see a chance that two users might use
the same message id and make that message <markable/>. So when
responding with a <displayed/> other people in that group chat don't
know which message the response is for.

The alternative would be to require the origin-id to be globally
unique. (But that XEP doesn't explicitly ask for that I think)

cheers
Daniel