[Standards] LAST CALL: XEP-0313 (Message Archive Management)

Philipp Hörist philipp at hoerist.com
Sat Nov 18 16:14:50 UTC 2017

Why would a server allow that if it has no use case and leads to problems?

When a client sets the preferences the server replies with the full pref
list, this gives the server the possibility to refuse some entries.

The XEP also states

note that due to server policies these MAY be different to the preferences
sent by the client

we could blow this whole pref thing up with defining errors for all kind of
things that may happen, but as it was suggested already, prefs should be
excluded from the xep and put into its own xep.