[Standards] XEP-0392 angle generation

Klaus Herberth klaus at jsxc.org
Tue Nov 21 10:11:15 UTC 2017

Hi everyone,

I implemented XEP-0392 "Consistent Color Generation" [1] as a node
module [2] and found a vagueness right in the first section of the
algorithm. In 5.1 we use the "first 16 bits" of our hash value. But what
are the first 16 bits? MSB, LSB? If I calculate the first example
('Romeo','526f6d656f',5.711769) backwards, I see that the MSB bits are
used with little-endian, which is quite confusing. Can we change this to
something like: "The 16 most significant bits"?

There is also a small typo: Blindess should be blindness.

Otherwise a nice XEP :+1:

Best regards,
Klaus

[1] https://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0392.html