[Standards] XEP-0313: Treatment of type=groupchat in user archive with or without <store/> hint

forenjunkie forenjunkie at chello.at
Thu Nov 23 18:24:15 UTC 2017

> I agree that for “catch-up”, it’s not particularly useful, but knowing exactly what messages you’ve seen is.

Makes sense if we see the Archive as Store of all messages we have seen.
I often forget thats that the original idea, because of OMEMO PFS i does
not serv that purpose.

Also if we lose our device, and we want a copy of the archive, we would
not want to have all groupchats we ever were part of to get our messages
back.

So for the backup use case this makes sense.

For the message sync between devices use case its not needed/wanted.