[Standards] XEP-0313: Treatment of type=groupchat in user archive with or without <store/> hint

Evgeny Khramtsov xramtsov at gmail.com
Thu Nov 23 18:56:03 UTC 2017

Thu, 23 Nov 2017 19:19:38 +0100
Kim Alvefur <zash at zash.se> wrote:

> It does make some sense to allow a for a future where MIX is common
> and the problems with storing MUC messages in personal archives has
> gone away.

How will it be gone away? MIX still suggests using MUC archives
directly when you're joining a room first time. Also, messages could be
lost (due to server outage for example). So eventually we will end up
with inconsistent archives (i.e. local archive differs from MUC
archive). I tend to think using local archives for MUC is a terrible
idea.