[Standards] XEP-0045 MUC: am I still there?

Vitaly Takmazov vitalyster at gmail.com
Sat Oct 7 05:58:23 UTC 2017

> TL;DR: checking if you are still in a MUC is broken

> Workaround: none. Burn GC1.0 with fire.

Please, burn MUC with fire. MUC is broken by concept, it is just a prototype which emulates IRC channel.
There was some users in the start of the century who can be attracted by this great decoy, but now we need to emulate channels from modern networks.
It means we need persistent session which can not be dropped by accidental TCP disconnects.