[Standards] XEP-0191: Blocking of subscription request denials

Kim Alvefur zash at zash.se
Thu Apr 5 20:59:34 UTC 2018

Hey,

After implementing XEP-0191: Blocking Command, an issue was raised about
how, if you blocked someone after they sent you a subscription request,
you were unable to deny that subscription request.

The XEP does not have much to say about this, apart from this paragraph:

> If the user attempts to send an outbound stanza to the JID, the user's
> server MUST NOT route the stanza to the JID but instead MUST return a
> <not-acceptable/> error containing an application-specific error
> condition of <blocked/> qualified by the 'urn:xmpp:blocking:errors'
> namespace:

As a workaround, our implementation silently removes pending
subscription requests on blocking.

Thoughts?

--
Kim "Zash" Alvefur