[Standards] XMPP Council Minutes 2018-04-11

Tedd Sterr teddsterr at outlook.com
Thu Apr 12 23:47:09 UTC 2018

> But we might never know if someone is building an application or service
> on top of a library...

Isn't this the point of the CFE - to find out?
There is always the *possibility* that somebody somewhere could possibly maybe have implemented a given feature, but if nobody knows about it, do we just assume it does anyway? In which case, we can always assume there are enough implementations because there *might* be.

A CFE asks whether anyone has implemented the feature and what their experiences were (was it straightforward, well documented, any issues, etc.) While a library implementation could answer _those_ questions, questions of whether the feature is good in practice or what issues arise from its use can only really be answered by somebody using the library's implementation of said feature.