[Standards] XMPP Council Minutes 2018-04-11

Evgeny Khramtsov xramtsov at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 08:30:50 UTC 2018

Thu, 12 Apr 2018 23:47:09 +0000
Tedd Sterr <teddsterr at outlook.com> wrote:

> Isn't this the point of the CFE - to find out?
> There is always the *possibility* that somebody somewhere could
> possibly maybe have implemented a given feature, but if nobody knows
> about it, do we just assume it does anyway? In which case, we can
> always assume there are enough implementations because there *might*
> be.

That's why back in the days I suggested to keep track of
XEP implementations. However, I was told the information there would be
inaccurate. But I fail to see how polling a few users in rare meetings
is going to be more accurate. Another objection is that XSF needs a lot
of efforts to keep this table up to date. And this might be true, of
course.