[Standards] XEP-0369: MIX - About create a room/channel

Steve Kille steve.kille at isode.com
Mon Apr 23 13:46:25 UTC 2018

Manuel,

I want
> and they are supposed to be included in the channel or only are intended
to be
> owners when they join to the channel?
[Steve Kille]

Being an Owner is actually independent of joining the channel.   It
identifies JIDs that can manage configuration of the channel.  For example
you might have an Admin with owner rights who does not participate in the
channel.

> <iq from='hag66 at shakespeare.example/UUID-a1j/7533'
>      id='lx09df27'
>      to='mix.shakespeare.example'
>      type='set'>
>    <create channel='coven' xmlns='urn:xmpp:mix:1'>
>       <x xmlns='jabber:x:data' type='submit'>
>          <field var='FORM_TYPE' type='hidden'>
>               <value>urn:xmpp:mix:1</value>
>          </field>
>          <field var='Owner'>
>              <value>hecate at shakespeare.example</value>
>              <value>greymalkin at shakespeare.example</value>
>          </field>
>          <field var='Messages Node Subscription'>
>             <value>allowed</value>
>           </field>
>          <field var='JID Visibility'>
>             <value>jid-mandatory-visible</value>
>           </field>
>           <field var='No Private Messages'>
>              <value>true</value>
>           </field>
>           </x>
>    </create>
> </iq>
>
> I this case hag66 at shakespeare.example is adding to hecate and greymalkin
as
> owners. Is intended "hag66" is the first owner and the others are owners
as
> well? are they forced to be included in the channel?
[Steve Kille]

Owners do not need to be channel participants.  I'll add a note in 3.9.1 to
make this clear

> And, is it possible to add different fields? I understand (but it's not
> clear) these fields belongs to the configuration node, is it possible to
add
> variables from information node like Name and Description?
[Steve Kille]

Yes.  These are fields from the configuration node.   I'll update 6.5.2 to
make this clear.    To modify other nodes, such as information node, you
need to use the operations to modify those directly.

> Thanks.
> Manuel Rubio.
[Steve Kille]

Thanks for the input.   I'll address the points in the next update I make

Regards

Steve