[Standards] Abolishing 'proposed' status for XEPs

Matthew Wild mwild1 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 14:09:31 UTC 2018

We have a number of XEPs stuck in 'proposed' with an expired Last Call.

I think the reality is that the council "rejected" these, or last call
feedback is awaiting to be incorporated. By "rejected" I mean to imply
that the council didn't want to advance the XEP yet (presumably based
on LC feedback), but they did not want development on the XEP to
discontinue.

However XEP-0001 doesn't specify a way back to 'Experimental' from
'Proposed', which is why I think our documented process is not being
followed here.

I think we wither need to fix that process (by specifying Proposed ->
Experimental), or... and this is what I think I personally prefer,
remove the 'Proposed' status entirely (unless someone can state what
purpose it serves).

Thoughts welcome.

Regards,
Matthew