[Standards] Making Owner Mandatory for MIX channels

Steve Kille steve.kille at isode.com
Thu Apr 26 13:00:00 UTC 2018

I have reviewed channel ownership with my co-author, and we believe that the
best plan is to make channel Owner mandatory.       I will make the edits,
unless there is list discussion to the contrary.

While I can see sensible use case for "no Owner" channels,  the current
choice to make it optional is awkward.   We do not want to reference server
super-users, which is out of scope.   I can't see any situations where
requiring an owner would be problematic.

Steve