[Standards] XEP announcements delay?

Jonas Wielicki jonas at wielicki.name
Fri Apr 27 06:21:22 UTC 2018

On Freitag, 27. April 2018 02:59:31 CEST Ludovic BOCQUET wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Today I have received new announcements about 4 XEPs (0363/0223/0122/0373):
> - https://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0363.html -> Version: 0.6.0 / Last
> Updated:    2018-04-21
> - https://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0223.html -> Version: 1.1 / Last
> Updated:    2018-03-28
> - https://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0122.html -> Version: 1.0.2 / Last
> Updated:    2018-03-21
> - https://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0373.html -> Version: 0.3.0 / Last
> Updated:    2018-04-16
>
> Why there is a delay for announcement ?

This isn’t so much a delay for the announcement.

The revision date is the date at which the change was made by the author (of
the change). It is not necessarily the date on which the revision will have
appeared on the website.

Do we want those dates to be fixed to the date of publishing? We can do
that---it’s an extra step of editor work.

As for the delay itself, editors have been busy with non-editor stuff. Sorry
for that. We could still use support in the editor team FWIW.

kind regards,
Jonas