[Standards] XEP-0363 (HTTP Upload): Privacy Considerations & Deletion

Travis Burtrum travis at burtrum.org
Mon Apr 30 12:59:55 UTC 2018

Hi Jonas,

On 04/30/2018 07:20 AM, Jonas Wielicki wrote:
> What do you think about the independent extension to the text I proposed in
> https://github.com/xsf/xeps/pull/625 ?

These two requirements:

  - Services SHOULD allow operators to delete all files of a specific user.
  - Services SHOULD delete all files uploaded by a user when the account
is deleted.

Require a server to track who uploaded what, which many implementations
don't do, and which I wouldn't want server to do.

Thanks,
Travis