[Standards] XEP-0060: Inconsistency between SHIM registration and SHIM registry

Melvin Vermeeren mail at mel.vin
Thu Aug 2 20:02:58 UTC 2018

Hi,

In XEP-0060, Publish-Subscribe, there appears to be an inconsistency regarding
the SHIM registration and the current listing in the SHIM registry.

XEP-0060, in the examples, reads:
> <header name='SubID'>

This is also consistent with the "SHIM Headers" section of the XEP:
https://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0060.html#registrar-shim

However, the SHIM registry lists it as "pubsub#subid" and not "SubID":
https://xmpp.org/registrar/shim.html

The question is which of these is actually correct? When resolving this we may
want to add a note since implementations can expect both "SubID" and
"pubsub#subid", unless I misunderstand the SHIM registry list.

The same applies to "Collection" and "pubsub#collection". I also note there is
an entry in the registry for "pubsub#expire", but I cannot find anything
regarding this SHIM Header in XEP-0060. Am I missing something?

--
Regards,

Melvin Vermeeren