[Standards] Entity Capabilities 2.0

Evgeny Khramtsov xramtsov at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 05:45:23 UTC 2018

Mon, 12 Feb 2018 00:41:54 +0100
Christian Schudt <christian.schudt at gmx.de> wrote:

> - I am also missing a cache which maps entities to capabilities, i.e.
> JIDs to disco#info objects. This is the whole point of the XEP (to be
> able to know an entity’s abilities without service discovery). This
> cache should be probably be non-persistent. The "Capability Hash
> Cache“ (hash -> disco#info) is actually only the
> intermediate/auxiliary cache.

I think the XEP doesn't solve the main problem of cache invalidation
and that's why I think it's pointless and I'm not going to implement it
until the invalidating rules are described. And for those who think
cache polution is a problem can request/store features per JID: there
is absolutely no need to introduce yet another incompatibility just for
a very tiny problem which can be solved in the other way.