[Standards] Adding logo to MUC and PubSub node

Kevin Smith kevin.smith at isode.com
Thu Feb 22 10:07:56 UTC 2018

On 12 Feb 2018, at 15:50, Goffi <goffi at goffi.org> wrote:
> Le jeudi 8 février 2018, 16:59:47 CET W. Martin Borgert a écrit :
>
>> For e.g. Movim both a logo for service and for a node seems to be
>> useful.
>
> icons for service and node are useful indeed

It’s something we were thinking about the other day as well (although more service than node).

>>> I think specifying avatars for each PubSub *node* could be tricky. For
>>> services (which I assume you meant) see below.
>>
>> If there were a "magic" item on a node, it never must be removed
>> automatically, but only on user request, right?
>
> I find this thing awfull, it's mixing metadata with main data.

Possibly. Although we already have a mechanism for avatars in pubsub items, and it might be convenient to have the same mechanism for users, services and rooms/nodes.

> I think we would do better by implementing a notification mecanism for config
> options, as notification may be useful not only for avatar/icon. We could
> use the same sementic as for nodes, but with a different namespace.

Or for those nodes that can have avatars, define some 346ish node mapping to find them? Not convinced this is the right approach either.

/K