[Standards] XEP-0313: Treatment of type=groupchat in user archive with or without <store/> hint

Kevin Smith kevin.smith at isode.com
Thu Feb 22 12:21:55 UTC 2018

On 22 Feb 2018, at 12:19, Kevin Smith <kevin.smith at isode.com> wrote:

> On 9 Jan 2018, at 08:59, Daniel Gultsch <daniel at gultsch.de> wrote:
>>
>> bumping this thread.
>>
>> In regards to forward compatibility with MIX which has good reason to
>> store its messages in the users archive how about changing this rule
>> to not store type=groupchat addressed to a full jid?
>>
>> Is this something we can get you to agree to Kev?
>
> I think that’s consistent with the ‘xmpp 2’ rules we discussed at the Summit of moving to bare-JID for stuff that should be distributed and stored.
>
> It’s not ideal for the current MUC situation, but I don’t think anything is ideal in the current situation.

On that topic, I don’t think we have a clear direction at the moment for Draft or otherwise of MAM, given this change in routing et al. rules in the new model. Can we go to Draft with the spec much as it is at the moment, and still later add the archiving rules to match the ‘new world’? (I think the answer is Yes, because we’ll be explicitly negotiating the new world stuff).

/K