[Standards] XEP-0153: Encoding of photo hash?

Sam Whited sam at samwhited.com
Sat Feb 24 20:08:31 UTC 2018

On Sat, Feb 24, 2018, at 13:53, Jonas Wielicki wrote:
> Second: I could’ve sworn that there was some text which specified something
> like lower-case hex. But apparently there is none. Grepping through the
> presence I get from all my contacts, all of them are doing lower case
> hexadecimal. When we implemented it in aioxmpp, we thus also went for lower
> case hexadecimal.

This has been base64 for at least as long as we've been tracking this in a repo (since the time when it was a JEP).
I queried all of my online contacts and they all seem to be using base64 correctly, I didn't see any that were using hex encoding.
Do you know what clients your contacts are using?

—Sam