[Standards] XEP-0153: Encoding of photo hash?

Tedd Sterr teddsterr at outlook.com
Sun Feb 25 20:39:03 UTC 2018

> For me the text and examples are not clear.
>
> „sha1-hash-of-image“ in the example doesn’t say anything about the encoding.

True. It appears to defer that to RFC-3174, but that document only specifies how to calculate the hash value, not how to represent it (as a hex string.) It seems to be more a de facto understanding this will be as a string of hexadecimal characters.

> Jonas, I have no objections to clarify the usage of lower-case hex encoding.

Third-ed; though a hex string may be upper or lower case and still retain the same meaning.