[Standards] [XEP-0234] Jingle File Transfer, Last Call and File Sharing

Goffi goffi at goffi.org
Mon Feb 26 16:36:47 UTC 2018

Le lundi 26 février 2018, 17:20:15 CET Simon Friedberger a écrit :
> Don't you in most cases want hashes anyway to ensure the integrity of
> the files?

It's calculated during transfer yet, but I don't want to calculate hashed
of all the files I'm sharing before sending them.

> It's also not actually that resource intensive to calculate the hash of
> a file. Definitely negligible to transferring it.

I'm not talking about the file transfer here (the hash it always calculated
during transfer), but about the information needed to retrieve a file in a
list returned by XEP-0329 potentially big.

Goffi