[Standards] [XEP-0234] Jingle File Transfer, Last Call and File Sharing

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Tue Feb 27 02:21:32 UTC 2018

On 2/23/18 2:19 AM, Goffi wrote:
> Le vendredi 23 février 2018, 10:16:49 CET Goffi a écrit :
>>>
>>> The Council vote isn’t over yet (but from what it looks like,
>>> advancement will be rejected since Daniels feedback has not been
>>> addressed; it looks like it will stay in Experimental).
>>
>> Thanks. Where is this feedback? I found a mention on it in council
>> minutes from 2018-02-07 but can't find it.
>
> Is it this? https://mail.jabber.org/pipermail/standards/2017-May/
> 032610.html

The idea there was to allow multiple files to be sent in a session; you
wouldn't close the session if you want to send more files, so you would
send the <received/> element defined in §8.1 instead. IMHO a good
solution would be to always ("MUST") send <received/> upon receipt of
the complete file, and to always ("MUST") terminate the session with
<success/> after sending the last file. Yes, this means you'd send both
<received/> and <success/> in a one-file session, but that doesn't seem
horrible and at least all the state transitions are explicitly defined.