[Standards] Exact hint for Result Set Management

Ненахов Андрей andrew.nenakhov at redsolution.ru
Thu Jul 12 11:59:00 UTC 2018

чт, 12 июл. 2018 г. в 15:26, Matthew Wild <mwild1 at gmail.com>:
> What you are describing - a local archive with multiple holes that the
> implementation is unaware of - is not a state that I see any such
> optimal correctly implemented MAM usage getting into.

Actually, it's a typical state if a server has server-side search
support. You might search for 'address', receive multiple results, go
to three presented entries, fetch nearby history from an archive, end
with three patches of data and holes in between them. Fighting such
holes is not that easy (though somewhat possible) with a current MAM.
Definitely could use a better solution.

--
Ненахов Андрей
Директор ООО "Редсолюшн" (Челябинск)