[Standards] Exact hint for Result Set Management

Matthew Wild mwild1 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 13:20:15 UTC 2018

On 12 July 2018 at 13:13, Florian Schmaus <flo at geekplace.eu> wrote:
> I'm well aware why RSM allows inexact results. That is not what this PR
> is about.
>
> I simply think it is an oversight that RSM does not signal if the
> results are exact or not.

Then I think you didn't quite consider my points?

The count can change at any time. So it may have been exact at the
time of the query, but even by the time the client receives the count
across the wire that count could be incorrect. What use is it for the
client to know that the count was "exact" at some unknown point in
recent history?

Regards,
Matthew