[Standards] File sharing states for XEP-0085: Chat State Notifications

Linus Jahn lnj at kaidan.im
Mon Jul 16 13:45:22 UTC 2018

Hello,

I am writing to this list because of XEP-0085: Chat State Notifications.
I'd like to suggest adding several states that can be used with
asynchronous file sharing protocols as HTTP File Upload. The idea to
make it possible to send a notification about that a user is uploading
an image, video, audio file or another file type.

This were an optional additional feature in XEP-0085 (keeping
backwards-compatibility, of course) and so it should be possible to add
this change even in the Final state of the XEP.

I'm new to writing the standards, what is be the best way to proceed?

Regards,
Linus

--

Linus Jahn

High school student and open-source enthusiast

E-Mail: <lnj at kaidan.im>
Jabber/XMPP: <lnj at kaidan.im>
GnuPG fingerprint: 03C2 D10D C97E 5B0B EBB8 F3B4 4663 231A 91A1 E27B

Projects I contribute to:

- Kaidan - A user-friendly XMPP client for every device!
  https://git.kaidan.im/kaidan/kaidan

- Halium - GNU/Linux for Android devices
  https://docs.halium.org/en/latest/