[Standards] [XEP-0384] OMEMO: xml:lang + max_items

Philipp Hörist philipp at hoerist.com
Fri Jul 27 14:10:38 UTC 2018

On the Pubsub Questions:

1. In Pubsub there is already defined the Singleton Node:
https://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0060.html#impl-singleton, no need to invent
a new item id for that

2. I think its not specified because your client should not care how many
items are in a PubSub Node. Your Client either uses PEP and PEP should only
notify you about the last/most recent item on the node, i think thats the
reason PEP exists.

3. if you dont want to use PEP you can always request the most recent item
from a node with specifying max_items=1 in the request.

So my question would be, how do you get into a situation where a server
sends you all items of the Node?

regards
Philipp