[Standards] Should we move Nicks out of MIX-CORE?

Steve Kille steve.kille at isode.com
Sun Jun 3 16:22:05 UTC 2018

> As far as I understood nicknames are already optional in current MIX. If that's
> the case, then it should be moved out of MIX-CORE.
[Steve Kille]

We do not fundamentally need Nicks to be in MIX-CORE.

You can display participants by use of the JID.

My sense is that it is handy to have Nicks associated with channel participants, to give a more compact display.  Perhaps this reflects the UIs I'm used to.   It feels a pretty basic capability to me.   This is why it remained in MIX-CORE.

However,  I could move it out into a new MIX-NICK.   What do people think?

Steve