[Standards] Should we move Nicks out of MIX-CORE?

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Mon Jun 4 18:10:51 UTC 2018

On 4 June 2018 at 07:53, Steve Kille <steve.kille at isode.com> wrote:

> This can be a client choice.   The client could show JID, or MIX provided
> Nick, or a user-assigned Nick for the participant.   MIX is not mandating
> what gets shown.

I actually think it should have an opinion on what the client shows, at
;least when MIX is being used for "chatrooms".

Otherwise there's a risk that different clients end up having such
radically different user interfaces that interoperability is hampered at
the user level.

I have vague recollections of this being a problem in other cases - didn't
Georg do some work on common terminology and suchlike?

Dave.