[Standards] XMPP Council Minutes 2018-05-30

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Wed Jun 6 14:51:49 UTC 2018

On 31 May 2018 at 01:22, Tedd Sterr <teddsterr at outlook.com> wrote:

> http://logs.xmpp.org/council/2018-05-30/#15:00:13
>
> *1) Roll Call* - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roll_Call
> Present: Kev, Daniel, Georg, Sam
> Better things to do: Dave
>
> *2) Isn't it nice that Tedd Sterr does the minutes?*
> There are no dissenting voices.
>
> *3) Proposed XMPP Extension: Terms of Services* -
> https://xmpp.org/extensions/inbox/tos.html
>
> Kev: +1 (don't like this much, but not blocking it)
> Daniel: [to vote on-list]
> Georg: +1 (it's great to have a machine-readable way to link the ToS; not
> sure about the extended features)
> Sam: [to vote on-list]
> Dave: [pending]

I think this is a great concept, but a poor implementation (with
silly-states - we can say agreement is required, and block resource binding
until this is so, but we cannot gain agreement until the client is
resource-bound).

Nevertheless, I think it's sufficiently useful we should fix it, so +1 (but
it'll never advance in this form).