[Standards] Network IO best practices

Sam Whited sam at samwhited.com
Sun Jun 10 14:10:29 UTC 2018

On Sun, Jun 10, 2018, at 00:09, Daniel Corbe wrote:
> The chosen language here is Go and the few XMPP libraries that exist in our
> world are hilariously incomplete.   So I’m stuck implementing a library for
> my application from scratch.

FWIW, I have an incomplete (though hopefully not hilariously so) XMPP implementation at https://godoc.org/mellium.im/xmpp that you can possibly reuse pieces of or use for inspiration. The JID implementation is complete and compliant to the best of my knowledge with RFC 7622. The main XMPP implementation doesn't currently have a good API for receiving and sending stanzas (so right now it's a bit of a manual process), so it's less useful but there are lots of other little child packages and lots of logic that might still be useful to you

—Sam