[Standards] Business rules of Last Message Correction

Klaus Herberth klaus at jsxc.org
Mon Jun 11 08:47:27 UTC 2018

Hi everyone,

I plan to implement XEP-0308 Last Message Correction [1] and I'm asking
myself how I should handle corrections of older messages. The XEP just
says: "While it is possible to use this protocol to correct messages
older than the most recent received from a full JID, such use is out of
scope for this document and support for this SHOULD NOT be assumed
without further negotiation.", but what should I do with such a message?
Drop it? Show it as new message?

Best regards,
Klaus

[1] https://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0308.html