[Standards] xep-0313 missing features

Philipp Hörist philipp at hoerist.com
Sun Mar 4 08:57:10 UTC 2018

Hi,

If you use MAM like that you will run into problems.
if you request a specific ID you lose the Order information inside the
Archive.
your only option is to use the timestamp for ordering, but many messages
can have the same timestamp.

XEP:
These IDs are strings that servers may construct in any manner, and clients
must treat as opaque strings (e.g. there is no requirement for them to be
numeric, sequenced or GUIDs)