[Standards] xep-0313 missing features

Philipp Hörist philipp at hoerist.com
Sun Mar 4 20:08:06 UTC 2018

> Phillip,
>
> I feel like we dont entirely understand each other. Are you sure you did
> read and understood my post?
>
> Getting array of ids gives you the order because ids should come in the
> order respective messages are archived, and getting content is an extra
> step above, unrelated to order. Content should be fetched by giving ANY set
> of ids, like SQL SELECT...IN
>
> Where in my statements you see that I don't treat ids as opaque?
>
> Regards

You wrote that you react to a push notification, meaning you request one
specific message without first getting a list of ids and checking what you
are missing and the order.

But i think i get what you want, just like email, request the headers but
not the content, because you think its inefficient to download messages
that you potentially already have.