[Standards] xep-0313 missing features

Jonas Wielicki jonas at wielicki.name
Tue Mar 6 13:32:25 UTC 2018

On Dienstag, 6. März 2018 14:19:41 CET Kevin Smith wrote:
> On 6 Mar 2018, at 13:14, Jonas Wielicki <jonas at wielicki.name> wrote:
> > I think it would be great to have a way to limit the MAM query to an
> > end-ID
> > indeed. Matt, Kevin, any chance we get that in?
>
> Set both the before and after IDs. Done. Just need to make sure 313’s clear
> that this is supported, and that if done you page backwards.

Would you be updating RSM in the process or would this be a MAM-specific
addition to RSM? The latter would be unfortunate both for client
implementations (separation of concern) and for possible future development of
RSM. The former would be unfortunate because reverse paging may not always be
desirable for all RSM users when both <before/> and <after/> are given.

Am I missing something?

kind regards,
Jonas