[Standards] Call for Experience: XEP-0066: Out of Band Data

Daniel Gultsch daniel at gultsch.de
Thu Mar 8 09:42:35 UTC 2018

Yes transferring files would make sense and the name of the xep kinda
indicates that this might be the purpose. However the XEP goes on
describing itself as a way to communicate all kind of URIs. And I have seen
clients doing this in the wild (=when ever the user enters and sends some
kind of Uri the client would generate a xoob tag)