[Standards] XEP-0372: References

Sam Whited sam at samwhited.com
Mon Mar 12 15:31:57 UTC 2018

On Mon, Mar 12, 2018, at 10:17, Jonas Wielicki wrote:
> This is true, XML restricts to Scalar Values. Thanks, I didn’t know that term.

Your entire reply seems to be hinged on the fact that all XML libraries return scalar values, but this isn't true to my knowledge. Most XML libraries are going to do whatever the language they're written in does. If you're using Python 3, you're going to get scalar values (assuming it's returning a string which in Python 3 is scalar values… more or less), if you use libxml2, or expat, or the Go encoding/xml library, etc. you're probably going to get bytes.

—Sam